• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Axminster lathe

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
I have an Axminster with 1" × tpi I can't remember at present. Also have 75mm Rutland chuck with pen jaws. I noticed that they will take the smaller size blank but found out the hard way they won't take the 20mm blanks as on came off yesterday and got a wack on the arm....
Without having to buy a new chuck can you get pen jaws to take various sizes that will attach to the head stock?????

Tom

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Turn the blank down a little between centres first?
Yes, I’ve done that before. Depending on the size and type of chuck, you can also remove the Top or Accessory Jaws and grip items directly in the Chuck Jaws themselves (some call these carriers or sliders).

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Yes they are reliable, well as reliable as this sort of company can be, they are a bit like a Chinese Amazon.

I have had loads of orders from them over the years and only twice had issues once with an incomplete item being sent and once with an item bursting out of the plastic bag it was shipped in.

Both times their customer service quickly got the issues sorted.

They are like Amazon though just being the front end for thousands of individual sellers but I have no problem recommending you have a look.