• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

DV mini tape camcorder

andymor

First Name
Andrew
Hi, I lost my lovely wife 3 months ago. I have a pile of DV mini tapes but unfortunately the DV camcorder went bust a while ago. Does anyone on the forum have a reasonably priced camcorder they wish to sell. I want to use the camera to import the film to my pc and then onto DVD. There are plenty on ebay but most say for parts and no battery or charger and the prices are over inflated.

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
Hi, I lost my lovely wife 3 months ago. I have a pile of DV mini tapes but unfortunately the DV camcorder went bust a while ago. Does anyone on the forum have a reasonably priced camcorder they wish to sell. I want to use the camera to import the film to my pc and then onto DVD. There are plenty on ebay but most say for parts and no battery or charger and the prices are over inflated.
Hi Andrew
So sorry for your loss.
I might be able to help you. had a clear out in my office and "Found" my old Camcorder, (wasn't lost I just forgot all about it).
I am sure it uses the Mini DV Tapes and I know its in perfect working order with power cables / batteries etc.
Off to work in a bit (04.30 start) but will get all the details later on when I get back with pictures :thumbs:

andymor

First Name
Andrew
Yes fantastic, it would help me recover footage of my wife. Let me know how much and I'll gladly pay it and postage. Thank you so much for looking it out.

Andy

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
No worries Andy, happy to help out.
All I ask for is a donation to the "Colins Workshop Fund" (Do NOT tell the Mrs).
Leave the amount to you as I have NO idea :think:.
PM me your full name and postal address and it will be winging its way to you tomorrow (Friday), I will send it Registered Next Day (Insured) so we can keep track of it :thinks:

andymor

First Name
Andrew
Hi Colin, think I sent you a PM. If you get it can you let me know, I've never sent a PM from a forum before.

andymor

First Name
Andrew
All Posted and on its way :thumbs:
Colin I see your last post re Jackie's tile but for some reason I can't reply to it. Anyway I would like to thank you publicly for going beyond and mailing your camcorder to me so that the family and myself could watch video footage of my lovely wife. Take care and look after your Mrs.
Andy.

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
No problem at all Andy, so happy to be able to help out and you and the family got to see and hear Jackie again.
As you said, sad and happy memories, I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions you all went through.
So glad it all worked..... :phew:

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
I had the opposite was given my batteries but not the camera. I asked later for the tapes going back to 1988 before my daughter died. And was told they where already given to me. Searched every where and no tapes...