• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Empress Fountain Pen

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Don't shout at me Grump as I should have listened to you in the first place.

I have done a couple of Empress kits and have not been happy with the fitting of the ink cartridge as it seems very tight and on a couple of occasions when I have been playing around with one the cartridge detached itself when you screw the nib end off. I know that other forum members have commented on this issue.

Does anyone know if you can purchase an ink pump to fit these pens.

I have had a couple of people ask if I would sell them one but with the cartridge issue I am loathe to do so.

I have another 8 of these kits and until I can sort out a decent ink supply for them they are stopping in the draw.

:sob:Vic:sob:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

I have done a couple of Empress kits and have not been happy with the fitting of the ink cartridge as it seems very tight and on a couple of occasions when I have been playing around with one the cartridge detached itself when you screw the nib end off. I know that other forum members have commented on this issue.

I have had a couple of people ask if I would sell them one but with the cartridge issue I am loathe to do so.

I have another 8 of these kits and until I can sort out a decent ink supply for them they are stopping in the draw.

If you look at the ink cart there is a bit around the bottom that can be trimmed off it is just poor manufacturing.

The normal schmidt type pump doesn't fit, I have a couple of different sorts that I have tried that do fit, I can send you one.

I'll PM you later about it. First I have to find them.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul

I have some that fit Vic. PM me your address

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have one made up and the female thread inside the cap end has come loose so the cap cant be unscrewed I still have one of each of these kits if anyone wants then first come first served

mickleuk

First Name
Mike
I wouldn't mind them Woody. I quite like them. What do you want for them?

I know, I'll learn one day.

johnny5

Registered

Waterman cartridges fit perfectly from staples.

mickleuk

First Name
Mike
Brian you warned me
I didn't listen
You warned me again
I still brought them
You said they were shit kits
They are
:funny:Vic:funny:

Ahhhh, so you have to ignore the first advice and take heed after the second................. that's lucky then as this is the second lot I've bought off Woody.

I'll never buy another Empress..... honest!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).