• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How bad must it get??

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi All,
A couple of days away and I can't leave the carpentry alone...the b&b we are using is 'quaint & character full' it has exposed beams and polished floors....my question is "how bad must the boad they replaced had of been if this is still acceptable??"

Attachments

• 20240718_095909.jpg
    20240718_095909.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Better still this one partially covered with a rug.....Jesse's I am getting old!

Attachments

• 20240718_095936.jpg
    20240718_095936.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Bad enough to put your foot through ? A friends workshop has some planks on the floor which were a trip hazard for us. I went to move them to discover a hole stepped backwards and my foot went through the floor board behind . He then explained , somewhat sheepishly , that was why he put the other loose boards down !

His 1.5tonne metal lathe sat on a concrete bed ( he cut a hole in floor out in shuttering and rebar and poured the concrete in situ before the lathe was lifted in via the roof . Squirrels nesting in ceiling did not help matters

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Bad enough to put your foot through ? A friends workshop has some planks on the floor which were a trip hazard for us. I went to move them to discover a hole stepped backwards and my foot went through the floor board behind . He then explained , somewhat sheepishly , that was why he put the other loose boards down !

His 1.5tonne metal lathe sat on a concrete bed ( he cut a hole in floor out in shuttering and rebar and poured the concrete in situ before the lathe was lifted in via the roof . Squirrels nesting in ceiling did not help matters
I have put my foot through a few floors over my time, but only one ceiling!! :duh:
That's why I take an interest

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Mark, I know times are hard, but if you need more wooden pen blanks please just let me know. There is no need to cut them out from the floorboards at the b&bs you visit.

😂😂

Cheers
Ash
I saw a fantastic money maker/ pen blank source....
We were on the South downs footpaths and when we went into one of the visitor centers they were selling old wooden sign boards (finger boards/waymarkers)..£45 for one way. £90 for two way....well I must have past dozens on the tracks we walked, surely they won't miss a couple more 🪚
Must take a bigger rucksack

:bwink:

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
I have put my foot through a few floors over my time, but only one ceiling!! :duh:
That's why I take an interest
yes my dad did that when he went into the cupboard off the loft ( dormer bungalow ) . Doubly ironic as he had made great play of the fact we needed to be “very careful up there so as not to put our foot through the ceiling”. I came home to a leg hanging through the ceiling attached to a very irate father. Even better it was just over my mother side of their bedroom over where she slept. It was some years before he was allowed to forget it 🤣🤣

Gert Fitcher

First Name
phil
My friend, a chippie by trade was very careful in attics ............. until one day he put his leg through his ceiling. He was forty nine, his wife went home to find him dead from a heart attack.