• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Is there a Dr in the house!

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi All,
What an absolute PITA this is, Pine from a 1965 Tardis, it costalotta for the blank which was very dry to turn, paired with a Mistral at the customer's request, bloody glad too as there wasn't much meat to play with....customer is extremely happy and loves the "character "of the blank...oh well I'd have preferred new wood!

Attachments

• 20240921_174005.jpg
    20240921_174005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240921_173945.jpg
    20240921_173945.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 28

Mwathen

First Name
Mark
Looks good 👍👍. I got a piece of the plywood from the Tardis, that looks like it might be a pain to turn too. Not the nice birch ply, just the rubbish sort 😒😒.
That pen blank site that sells all these unique blanks is going to be the death of me if the wife finds out, 🤣🤣🤣.

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
Nicely aligned cap to body Mark.
Hope you are able to cost your time into the price.
Great piece of work.

Dave

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi All,
What an absolute PITA this is, Pine from a 1965 Tardis, it costalotta for the blank which was very dry to turn, paired with a Mistral at the customer's request, bloody glad too as there wasn't much meat to play with....customer is extremely happy and loves the "character "of the blank...oh well I'd have preferred new wood!
You say there wasn’t much meat to play with. That’s because it’s much bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. 😉

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
That is a very nice Pen Mark :thumbs:
I have some very old pieces of wood / blanks in a box that I get out every now and then, take a look and put back as I just KNOW they are going to be a nightmare to turn :shocking:
You did very well with that one :claps::claps: