• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Knight pen.

Mwathen

First Name
Mark
Another 2 firsts.
A knight Templar pen blank from Gadget - uk and a Beaufort Aquilio.
Never turned clear resin before so was a bit nervous that I'll end up with scratches, but it's turned out brilliant, no scratches. (Thanks Gadget-uk).
And an Beaufort Aquilio in gun metal, first time making one of these, but really impressed, feels really solid and lovely twist action to it. (just ordered more😁)

Attachments

• IMG_20240903_195832.jpg
    IMG_20240903_195832.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Very nice indeed, well done....
You'll have plenty of ribbons turning acrylics, I use liquid Polish for car paint from Machine mart as a final Polish to remove tiny scratches :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mwathen

First Name
Mark
Thanks all.
Used Abranet to 600, then micropads and finished with Axminster acrylic polish.
Got another couple of kits on order from Beaufort 😊😊
Gadget-uk, that's ok 🤣🤣🤣.

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
Well done Tom, I would be VERY happy with that one.
See told you, you would do ok with them :claps: :thumbs:
I haven't got any new ones. The last ones I got are still in the bag. Son borrowed my car as his had problems so haven't been able to get to she's to cut and sand. Hopefully will get done next week and maybe get a couple done.....

Tom

Mwathen

First Name
Mark
And the second one on a Headwind kit. 😁😁😁. Nice pen kit too, but love the Aquilio.

Attachments

• IMG_20240913_180354_edit_170476802648612.jpg
    IMG_20240913_180354_edit_170476802648612.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
And the second one on a Headwind kit. 😁😁😁. Nice pen kit too, but love the Aquilio.
I have the dancing cats and zoo animals. But can't get my pens to stand on them as they keep falling over. Enough about them. The pen looks a lot brighter than mine, possibly I haven't taken it down far enough. Well done.....

Mwathen

First Name
Mark
Tom. The cats were the same, they wouldn't stand up, but I poured a bit of boiling water over each arm and moved them forward slightly and moved the hands upwards. I done the tail too, moved it out a bit so the cats are leaning slightly backwards. They work OK now after doing that.