• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Notus Pencils....

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
OK they aren't all wood but I took them all together!
Notus kits modified to take mechanical pencil, in order to get the perfect fit you need to cut down the spring the kit comes with (thanks @Phil Dart )
It's Wenge, Acrylic, Oak, Acrylic....

Padster

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3724.jpeg
    IMG_3724.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3725.jpeg
    IMG_3725.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
Hi padster love those pens sorry pencils.
I have six but not started as yet plus about 15 of other various kits. All sitting in boxes but not started. Oh forgot about 2 fountain pens but don't know whether to do in wood or acrylic. Also a bit nervous as I have never made a fountain pen. Thinking possibly wood it's not costing as much as acrylic....
Any thoughts from the group??

DuncSuss

First Name
Duncan
... Also a bit nervous as I have never made a fountain pen. Thinking possibly wood it's not costing as much as acrylic....
Any thoughts from the group??
Making a fountain pen from a kit is the same as making a ballpoint pen from a kit - drill a couple of blanks, glue in brass tubes, turn to size, apply finish, assemble. Nothing there to be nervous about.

If you plan to sell them, it would be best to learn basic fountain pen maintenance and nib smoothing - it's not complicated, but can take a couple of hours to adjust a nib that might arrive scratchy into one that is silky smooth. It requires a decent quality 10x loupe - strongly recommend the Belomo brand (only a little more expensive than the junk ones and they are top quality optics) and some smoothing supplies. Not sure where you might get them in UK, here in the US I'd recommend the one from these folks.