• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Prepping case's

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi All,

So some can see the process...I'm just sitting here, radio on preparing tubes to go into my 7.62 bullet cases....I have de leaded the bullet heads ( they get a 2.2mm hole drilled on the lathe) A 7mm hole in the bullet cases and Gorilla PU between the tape to secure them in. I push fit the bullets in another case with a 1/4" hole in the base for the transmission.
A quick clean, wax and good to go

Attachments

• 20240529_195909.jpg
    20240529_195909.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Can you imagine the Explanation trying to come out when MI5 Raid Marks house with him sat at a table drilling bullets surrounded by shell casings :funny::funny::funny:
"Honest Officer, I am making PENS" :shocking: Of Course you are, off to the nick with you......... :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
If you only knew!!

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
They are looking exceptional, Mark.
After shining them up what finish do you put on them???
Hi Alan,
There are loads of different finishes you could use, laquer is a favourite, personally I just wax with microcrystaline...I gives a form of protection until sold but I tell people they will tarnish and take on a used look with usage or they can buff and wax....most like the patina they will get with time...alternatively you can use nickel cases :bwink:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I like the look of those a lot Mark and following a generous bit of help from a site member am going to have a go
If you need any help just shout out...
BTW plastic paint kettles don't catch molten lead very well...like the lead they melt...don't ask:chuckle:

Pensman

First Name
Gman
Very jealous of your skill! They are fantastic. They really are. Hope you are very proud of them and your penmaking skills in general.