• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Returned delivery.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Some years ago I put a couple of parcels together to be delivered.
One was going to Woody containing pen kits, tubes of various sizes, refills, velvet sleeves, and many much more.
The other was going to a charity with samples of goods with logo to sell in their gift shop.

Don't laugh to loud but I broke my ankle stepping off the curb to cross the road.

A kindly neighbour across the cul-de-sac offered to post the parcels for me and I duly gave him the £12.00 estimated postal cost and thought no more of it.
I did hear from the charity that a director had expressed concerns about me using their logo, so I told them to sod off and look elsewhere for production, I never heard from Woody which was unusual but I never put thought to asking if he had received it.

This morning That neighbours son knocked and explained his dad has passed on and while clearing his garden shed came across these two parcels, mum remembered who's they were after all these years.
I have moved into god's waiting room since then but the current residents have my address and gave it to him.
The £12 would have bought dad a bottle of Sainsburys blended whiskey, of which there were several empties hidden in the gap between his shed and next doors wall.

So I am now the owner of a returned rather damp and worse for wear postal transaction that never took place, I'll let it dry and any creepy crawly's vacate before exploring the contents for salvage.
Watch this space as none of it is any use to me these days, I'll post some pics of what I find.

I don't drive anymore and our local post office is now a tattoo parlour, I won't be getting on a bus with it but will happily print any labels and securely box it for your courier to collect which is only a nominal fee with most couriers (was when I last did it) After Hermes lost 5 separate items sent to Scotland and I refused to use any couriers ever again.

It'll be like Christmas going through this lot lol.