• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Royal Cornwall Show

His Nibs

First Name
Richard
I thought I would let you know about the Royal Cornwall Show. This is being held at the Wadebridge showground North Cornwall on the 6th 7th & 8th June 2024
Predominately a Farming / agricultural show that usually gets over a 100,000 visitors over the 3 days. There is a woodland section which showcases timber preparation and has woodturning demos on all 3 days. I and another pen maker will have stands in the West Country Arts & Craft Marquee.

Richard

Link to showground website:

Royal Cornwall Show

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Good luck, 100,000 people is a lot of potential customers :think: where do you start or how do you start thinking about stock? Mind you I still have a couple of donkey dung blanks??

Gert Fitcher

First Name
phil
Take a newspaper, some breakfast and a flask of hot something and get there an hour before the gates open. It's better to waste an hour sitting in the sun in a field than sitting in a traffic jam. If you visit as a family make up a picnic hamper - the cost of bad/indifferent food andd drinks there is daylight robbery.

His Nibs

First Name
Richard
Good luck, 100,000 people is a lot of potential customers :think: where do you start or how do you start thinking about stock? Mind you I still have a couple of donkey dung blanks??
Buying lots of kits from Phil!!!! Started turning just over 2 years ago. I am sure that what started as a hobby has got completely out of control now.
Stock? is anyone's guess, 450 made so far but still have a week left. I'm sure I have made all the ones that they don't want. Tried turning donkey dung, it went everywhere!!!!!! :shocking: