• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Toni's finest

Eloquin

First Name
Duncan
Wow they look amazing. Is the image just on the surface or does it go into the blank? I guess it must do if you are going to turn it to size?

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
This is Polymer clay, these are slivers of clay canes, pressed onto a clay body then fired in the oven. They come pre tubed and pre sized all I need to do if a quick CA finish...

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Mark are these prefinished in that you don't have to sand or use sand & sealer or carnauba wax??
Is she a local company???
Hi Tom, no these aren't pre finished they require a CA finish, you can do a laquer but they are better in high gloss..... She is based in the US but posts globally

Attachments

• 20170710_180618.jpg
    20170710_180618.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Mark you’re not wrong. Toni does some superb blanks. I’ve had them from her before. She gives excellent service.👍

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
Hi Tom, no these aren't pre finished they require a CA finish, you can do a laquer but they are better in high gloss..... She is based in the US but posts globally
Don't like CA prefer melamine. However on my acrylic pens I would use Autosolve chrome cream And then Tcut or turtlewax finish with carnauba wax. I wonder if that would work I think they would be great for a Ladies pen, as I was asked do you not do any ladies pens........