• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Using up the 'scrap'

Gordon

First Name
Gordon
I had a clear out in the shed the other day and was surprised how many off-cuts of resin blanks I had, seemed such a waste, then an idea hit! :think::dancer:

I sorted out the blanks, some of the bigger ones I halved, then I stuck them spaced out onto some masking tape then taped the opposite side before placing them in moulds and filling the gaps with black resin. I have to confess, I'm more than happy with the results. :thumbs:20240609_211813.jpg

Gordon

First Name
Gordon
Thanks for the comments, I am happy how they turned out. 2 sold already to a work colleague who loved them as soon as he seen them. Third one I put up for sale online tonight. Think I'll spend the weekend looking around my shed for anymore offcuts I may have missed... waste not, want not :lmao:

Freddyboy

Apprentice Member
First Name
John
I had a clear out in the shed the other day and was surprised how many off-cuts of resin blanks I had, seemed such a waste, then an idea hit! :think::dancer:

I sorted out the blanks, some of the bigger ones I halved, then I stuck them spaced out onto some masking tape then taped the opposite side before placing them in moulds and filling the gaps with black resin. I have to confess, I'm more than happy with the results. :thumbs:View attachment 52305
What a great way of using all your offcuts, they look really great.