• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wood stemmed wine glasses

Pierre

Fellow
First Name
Pierre
Lovely. Do the stems screw on or stick on and where can you get the glasses? Living in the middle of the Cahors wine region I can see a project using vine wood here

Freddyboy

Apprentice Member
First Name
John
Lovely. Do the stems screw on or stick on and where can you get the glasses? Living in the middle of the Cahors wine region I can see a project using vine wood here
Hi Pierre the stems are glued on with a good quality epoxy glue, I buy the wine glasses from Dartington Glass, they are a good quality and have a stem thickness of 7mm which enables me to make thin stems, however you can use any glasses you like. Let me know how you get on.

Freddyboy

Apprentice Member
First Name
John
Hi Pierre the stems are glued on with a good quality epoxy glue, I buy the wine glasses from Dartington Glass, they are a good quality and have a stem thickness of 7mm which enables me to make thin stems, however you can use any glasses you like. Let me know how you get on.

Good morning Pierre
If you want to make this a project in your vineyard environment, the attached photos shows a wine glass holder

Attachments

• IMG_20240622_184757.jpg
    IMG_20240622_184757.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240622_184314.jpg
    IMG_20240622_184314.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240622_184727.jpg
    IMG_20240622_184727.jpg
    948.9 KB · Views: 3