• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Banned from Facebook

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
Yes, I know.... Mild Mannered old me got myself banned from Facebook :noway1:

So what did you do I hear you ask, well I posted some pictures of my pens and woke up to a notification from the FB Police telling me that I had "Violated their T&C's on Hate Speech and Inciting Violence"
So WHAT pictures did I post....
These:

2023-11-02 06.36.57.jpg 2023-11-02 06.35.43.jpg
Plus a few more... Templar Knights Pens
Account Suspended for 14 days (FB Jail Time) told them to stuff it and closed the account... Unbelievable :vangry:

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
?????
I have to say that no matter how long I looked at your pens, no feelings of doing violence or speaking hatefully arose.
Am I doing something wrong?
Agreed.
My wife was banned from using her phone from Vodaphone. Breaching T/C’s
No explanation given.
Still fighting it.

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Every cloud has a silver lining so look on the bright side, you are off the cesspool that is Facebook.

Never been on it, but from what I have read about I am glad I never fell for it.

Stay off it you can thank me later 😌

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
I’ve had a few of posts rejected on FB because I mentioned words like “tortoiseshell”, “ivory” and “leopardskin” to describe pen colours and patterns. The algorithm interpreted it as if I was trading in illegal stuff. I didn’t bother appealing and if I had been banned then it would probably give me a few hours of my life back every week 😊

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
Thanks Guys, not re-joining and hadn't been on it for years.
My kids "Insisted" and it was a friend of my sons that asked about the Templar Pens.
My account was "Live" for about 3 days :rolling:
Maybe it was a sign for me NOT to be on it :phew::funny::funny::funny:

Rich Aldrich

First Name
Richard
Yes, I know.... Mild Mannered old me got myself banned from Facebook :noway1:

So what did you do I hear you ask, well I posted some pictures of my pens and woke up to a notification from the FB Police telling me that I had "Violated their T&C's on Hate Speech and Inciting Violence"
So WHAT pictures did I post....
These:

View attachment 52549 View attachment 52550
Plus a few more... Templar Knights Pens
Account Suspended for 14 days (FB Jail Time) told them to stuff it and closed the account... Unbelievable :vangry:
Congratulations!

Rich Aldrich

First Name
Richard
I’ve had a few of posts rejected on FB because I mentioned words like “tortoiseshell”, “ivory” and “leopardskin” to describe pen colours and patterns. The algorithm interpreted it as if I was trading in illegal stuff. I didn’t bother appealing and if I had been banned then it would probably give me a few hours of my life back every week 😊
Great reply.

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
It's a wonder I haven't got banned have had your Knight Templar pens up numerous times also last week I had a pen on show and named the pen in Brown Ivory.......
Think it was a few people that decided they didn't like me and what I was doing Tom.... :rolling:

I have now found out that a few accounts complained about a lot of my posts / threads as all you have to do is hit the "Report" button now, accounts can be suspended if a certain number of individual reports are made, all done by AI with NO human interaction until you appeal the suspension, then a "Human" looks at the posts and decides if the ban should stay in place or not.
Not really bothered as I said I was only on it for 3 weeks

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
Think it was a few people that decided they didn't like me and what I was doing Tom.... :rolling:

I have now found out that a few accounts complained about a lot of my posts / threads as all you have to do is hit the "Report" button now, accounts can be suspended if a certain number of individual reports are made, all done by AI with NO human interaction until you appeal the suspension, then a "Human" looks at the posts and decides if the ban should stay in place or not.
Not really bothered as I said I was only on it for 3 weeks
Don't worry everyone on this site likes you and you can show your pens no matter what they may be.....:love_it:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Nice pens Colin.👍 It makes no sense that you are banned for these yet you can still read the most hateful comment aimed at people when those types of comments should be taken down.
i got a severe warning and was quarantined for showing a video of an accident which I warned people about so they wouldn’t make the same mistake and was accused of inciting violence. The only way out of quarantine was to agree to the accusation.

Gadget-UK

Fellow
First Name
Colin
Afraid I will never admit to or agree to something I have not done Bill & those pens certainly do not incite hatred or violence whatever anyone says.
You should see the mugs I am doing with them on :whistling:

Mwathen

First Name
Mark
Gadget UK.
Do you sell the Templar pen blanks?
I seen Tom's on f/b and would love to get hold of a couple.
I'm interested in the Templar history and those blanks are brilliant.