• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Posting photos...

Jim

Grand Master
Lol, i saw it a while ago and thought that you had done it on purpose due to it having a meaning ... :funny:

Old Fart ... :funny::funny:

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
They were all very good answers but the mathematical sum doesn't work.. I know it works for a bean counter but it doesn't work out for for my little engineering brain..:sob:

The physical size of the file that the 800x600 file takes up on my drive and anyone else's drive is exactly the same as a 600x800 file..:thumbs:

So it still doesn't work out.. I know bean counters can be creative but I think that one is a little too creative..:rolling:

An error factor (deliberate mistake) was introduced into the calculation and them obfuscated behind unnecessarily complicated arithmetic to conceal the real reason for the restriction. Accountants and statisticians do this all the time. :whistling:

You engineers are correct, 800 x 600 = 600 x 800 = 480,000 but that is way too simple for us accountants because people can understand it and that would never do.

The real reason is, as Jim said, all about small screen sizes and viewers not having to scroll to see all the image. If the screen resolution is 800 wide x 600 high and you try to display an image 600 wide my 800 high you will only be able to see 600 x 600 of the image without scrolling down to see the rest.

MikeD

Registered
Walter, I would be worried if you were my accountant, to add VAT the factor should be 1.20 not 1.02. You only included 2% VAT, I don't think it has been reduced to that rate :whistling:

The 800 x 600 goes back to the old SVGA days, before that it used to be VGA which was 640 x 480. Although the file size would be very similar, depending on the DPI and file format, it won't fit the wrong way around. Think of fitting a window to your house, it is important to get the height and width the correct way around.

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Walter, I would be worried if you were my accountant, to add VAT the factor should be 1.20 not 1.02. You only included 2% VAT, I don't think it has been reduced to that rate :whistling:

Mike, You are absolutely correct :doh: but if I was your accountant I wouldn't have drunk half a bottle of Merlot before doing your VAT calculation. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Shame on you Walter operating a computer whilst under the influence of alcohol have you no respect for H/S :funny::funny::funny: If you had an accident you insurance would have been void :funny::funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yeah the two main ones !!!!! LOL:funny::funny::funny:

Your signature says tomorrow is another day well the strange thing is so was yesterday OH the brains on this forum what a profound thing to say you are a genius Mr chairman plonker :funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).