• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Emcostar / Emco Rex

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
One very Happy Grump.

I know, those words shouldn't be seen in the same sentence init?
I went to pick up my eBay winnings today and was pleasantly surprised.

It didn't look much in the auction pics but when I got it home and opened it up there was hardly any signs of wear on the machine.
Apart from the rusty exterior it is spotless and little used as a machine, probably the best one I have.
It's in bits now as it has a 110 volt motor which is great for site work but would get laughed at if taken to site.
I now have another rethink on my mind, Decisions decisions init?

In the meantime I have done what I set out to do with it and used the blade guard on the main machine, I am over the moon with it.

P1100102.jpg

The milling table was rusted stiff but I got it mounted up and gave a goodly workout and oiling to it and now moves freely as it should.
I am chuffed with that too.
I would happily have paid the £65.00 for either of those parts so got a bonus with both and the rest of the machine.
Well pleased init?
P1100104.jpg

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
That milling table looks very useful Brian, wouldn't take a lot of work to make a sanding disc for trimming the ends of glued up blanks. :thinks: glad things are coming together for you on this refurb :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Nice to get something decent off ebay for a change rather than giving away stuff for nothing Brian.
Project looking good, keep the posts coming.

GeordieB

Registered
First Name
george
Its all coming together nicely Brian its going to be well worth the effort when its complete mate :thumbs::thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I speak Grumpish Steve that gets me by with most languages.
Hands around the throat and shout load usually works with people, Google translate works with the written word.
No problem init?

Penultimate

Apprentice Member
First Name
Bill
Yes, this is an old thread, but so is the machine...and many of us.

I thought this could be a repository/place where I'll add information about the Emco Star as my refurbishment journey progresses.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
It might be better to start your own thread Bill. This one is 4 pages long and it would be nice to have a second restoration documented in a place all of it's own